Nov. 2012

Friday, July 20, 2007

Bob the Builder Addiction


What is it about Bob the Builder? Isaac watched his first Bob the Builder video last Friday and has been hooked ever since. He marches around the house like Bob singing "Bob the Builder, Can we fix it, Bob the Builder, Yes we can" over and over again. He has become Bob himself and uses the stroller and various other items to become Lofty and Scoop to ride around on. He has watched other videos in the past, but none have held as much as Bob. He becomes entranced as he watches the video. And strangley the video just keeps playing and playing over again if you don't stop it yourself. How many children are just watching and watching and watching because their parent is busy and doesn't know the 30 minutes are over? scary.

Yesterday Isaac was jumping in the trampoline and singing "Alleluia, Alleluia, Bob the Builder". As Kyle's mom said, some adults may be offended by this...but God is probably amused.

5 comments:

Sam said...

It's a good thing there aren't Bob Evans videos. Those reinforced by the frequent visits of Dad and Grandpa could lead to an inappropriate affection for a breakfast establishment.

God probably is, and I am certainly amused.

TrialUniMatt said...

lol awesome. I remember when Isaiah would watch Bob the builder, and i must say even I for a time found that show a little addictive lol.

djp375 said...

Samuel Dyer, says that Bob the Builer is the greatest and Isaac mus have gotten his love for Bob The Builder from me because I love Bob The Builder. Whe Isaac comes for Matthews wedding, I will give him a lot more of Bob The Builder videos and clothes because I have every video about Bob the Builder. Issac and I can play Bob the Builder and I will share my Bob the Builder toys with him. I have lofty, rolly, scoup, muck, dizzy. I have a little and a very big stuffeed Bob the Builder dolls

See you Isaac and I can not wait to show you all my bob the buider stuff and watch his videos with you.

Love
Samuel

Carrie said...

Hi Michelle! I found the link to your blog off of Sam's and I love it! I LOVED the "Alleluia, Alleluia, Bob the Builder" (I'm laughing over it again as I type it.) He sounds like such a great little boy. Gabriel loves Bob the Builder, too. And the video repeat thing...yeah...it's alarming how sometimes I get busy and sometimes I jump guiltily because - is that the third time I've heard that song??!! :) Oh, yes - LOVED the chubby picture of Eli. Wowsers. That kid has Israel beat in terms of heft factor!

Timothy Miller said...

Bob's the MAN.