Nov. 2012

Friday, February 29, 2008

Laugh Out-Louds with Isaac

On Monday I came out of the bathroom with Eli to find Isaac swallowing a metal ball from our magnet collection. I think he put them in his mouth and intended to spit them out but my appearance scared him, knowing full well they are not to be in his mouth and his immediate response was to swallow them instead of taking them out. I was a little worried but not too much once I realized he was fine. I knew the drill since Eli's penny incident. So I planned on waiting several days. Tuesday morning Isaac went to the bathroom and came to tell me "my poop is making a clink, clink noise". I had forgotten about the balls so I just figured he was making up a silly story as he does a lot recently. Isaac went back on the toilet and then came back a few minutes later to announce that the balls were at the bottom of the toilet. They sure did pass fast. I was surprised to see two and not one.

Today I was cleaning Isaac's room and he asked me if I was going to clean the blood off the sheets from a past bloody nose. I told him I would wash his sheets later. He responded..."well red blood is nice for Valentine's day." okay.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

So I'm thinking about those "magnet bracelets" that used to be sold in the neighborhood shipping center I frequent. I can't remember all the health benefits that the sellers claimed would come from wearing magnets, but they were always interesting. I wonder if any REAL research has been done...hmmm :-)

Then again, Isaac might have accidentally discovered a way to help kids learn to poop in the toilet -- just think of the excitement if toddlers could listen for a klink - klink as their "success" sound....I wouldn't be surprised to see him sneaking some magnet snacks just to hear the klink again. :-)

Isaac's name is certainly fitting - what joy for you and Kyle to have that laughter in your home.

djp375 said...

dSandy has such a knack for her writing and she just may have come up with a great idea for toilet training. Not sure if all parents would agree, but it is an interesting thought.

Isaac you are a bright shinig star in my life. The things your mom writes about you and the amzing little man you are and will become bring such joy and sunshine into my life.

Whenever I read one of mom's stories about you I cry at missing you and I laugh at your wit and the boy you are becoming.

Your mom and dad are the greatest parents ever and you are very lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa Cullum be able to spend time with and I know they love every minute of that time as I do too.

Love
Grandma Pletzer