Nov. 2012

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hold Up Your Cell Phones?

My friend Karamin invited me to join her to one of her Christmas presents, the Taylor Swift concert. Having no clue as to who she was (as I limit my station listening to classical and Kid's Kingdom on the Christian stations) I agreed for the mere sake of a girls night out with a good friend. It was a lot of fun. Taylor Swift is very talented. No matter how song or voice may sound I admire the ones in the music industry that actually write their own songs and play an instrument...Taylor Swift doing both. Although she is only 17 and most of her songs bring to life her adolescent life she has good lyrics and tunes. Most of the crowd was about the same age, so there was a lot of high pitched screaming at times, and some kids who just don't pick up on the clue to sit when the artist and 90% of the crowd is sitting too. The most shocking thing, as I have not been to a concert in at least 6 + years was the request to hold up your cell phones. In replace of the traditional lighter the audiences are encouraged to hold up their cell phones and move them back and forth. As you look through the crowd it is evident that at least 95% of the people have cell phone...weird especially when you consider the population attending. The sight was quite amusing and surreal...I felt old.

2 comments:

djp375 said...

Nothing better than a night out with a good friend. Glad you were able to do that.

Timothy Miller said...

Oh my. I had no idea that lighters had been replaced. I'll have to mark that down in my "Rockstar to do list."

Thanks for the tip.