Nov. 2012

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ear Infection Again

Poor little Eli has his 4th ear infection since November. He woke up from a nap yesterday evening with a fever and struggled through the night. No cold signs, just the ear ache. He had his last one 2 weeks ago that it seems cleared up but still had fluid in his ears that became re-infected. We went to the doctor this morning and he was given a high dose shot of antibiotic in his leg. Then he begins another round of oral antibiotics tomorrow. If this ear infection doesn't clear up, including the fluid draining completely or he gets another infection he will have to have tubes put in his ears. We are definitely not wanting to go through the surgery and hassle many others have had with tubes. I had to hold Eli practically all day as he is feeling really bad. Hopefully we can all get some rest tonight and have a better day tomorrow.

1 comment:

djp375 said...

I am so sad to hear that Eli has another ear infection. I just do not know why my grandchildren seem to have all the ear problems.

Jillian and Hannah have both had to have 3 sets of tubes in their ears.

Michelle, you were the only one to have all the ear problems both as a child and as an adult. My most vivid memeory of your horrible ears is when we flew to California. We had no idea you had an ear infection at the time and we had to hold you down in the seat when we were landing because you ears hurt so bad. Then we took you to a doctor, got you medicine and your ear burst the following day. We still went to Disney Land and did all the things we planned, but you never felt great. One the way home we knew your ears were not better when we had to hold you down during the landing. That was the 1st time you actually blew a hole in your ear. There were many more times as we know.
I have never asked if ear infections, or ear problems is something that runs in a family.

I guess I will have to do some research on that.

I will pray that Eli gets better and does not have to have tubes. Ear infections are so painful. I know he feels awful and needs his mom to help sooth his pain. I hope he gets some rest tonight and that you can too.

Love
Mom