Nov. 2012

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Exciting Cleaning Discoveries

I recently discovered how to clean a moldy water bottle that is tall and has a smaller opening, thus making it difficult to clean and a dishwasher that has hard water build-up.

Moldy Bottle Solution: go to http://www.ehow.com/how_4763280_clean-moldy-water-bottle.html
and

check out this site for all the ways you can use vinegar including the hard water stains in your dishwasher. http://www.vinegartips.com/Scripts

I am excited to learn new ways to clean and fix things so that I don't have to go and buy new. If I get the point of thinking about throwing things away to replace with something new I ponder my carbon footprint hoping for a good future for my children.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing these tips, Michelle.

I use white vinegar frequently in my household cleaning, but was not aware of the bottle cleaning method, but I'll use it now.

I think I told you that my stint behind a dime store food counter had taught me to clean coffee pots by swishing an ice and salt combo inside the pot. It's good to be reminded of these simple methods.