Nov. 2012

Monday, May 12, 2008

Craziness

Sorry for the long time between posts. Life just keeps getting busier. Hopefully by the end of the week I can update with some details about Eli's first birthday and our trip to Kentucky for Sam's(kyle's brother)marriage to Amber.

For now I'll just include some general updates.

Eli is very mobile and very aware of when he is not obeying. He is learning everything so fast with having Isaac as a model. He makes noises for any vehicle when he plays, sings right along with all of us, isn't afraid to start a wrestling match, and is extremely adventurous (no fear).

Isaac is still a ton of fun to pretend with. He loves to include imaginary people into his pretend play now. Today we were pretending to fly our planes and land for a lunch together. Isaac had 5 kids and one of them was sitting on his lap. He began our lunch saying "so what would you like to talk about." And he will literally sit there and hold an adult conversation with you...you don't get bored. Lately, he is big on informing anyone when they are wrong and correcting them. He has an amazing memory about places, events, etc...I'm in shock of what he remembers before he was really verbal. He can hit a baseball (no tee) better than me and throw a ball with more accuracy than me. He is also into using persuasive tactics to make anything go his way from playing with certain toys, consequences he receives, etc. The worse part is that it is hard not to negotiate with him because he is so reasonable sometimes.

Prema is busy with school, private PT, neurofeedback, and finding ways to make me mad. I'm having a hard time feeling positive about her these past few weeks, so I can't think of that much to say about her.

Kyle's busy with work. He still is riding his bike back and forth to work which I am really proud of him. Its almost been a year. He is so close to finishing our pergola . He has done a really nice job. He is enjoying playing baseball with Isaac. It was fun to see him squeal in joy when Isaac hit his first pitch. He has also been really supportive of my new commitments to church..watching the kids.

I'm busy with the kids. It has almost been a year since I started running...so this is a really big hurdle for me. I used to hate running and now I am eager to get in my 3 times a week. I just need to increase my distance and time. I am really quite busy with church the past few months. I am now in the choir and last year I started a 3 year commitment on our pastoral council. I have been nominated to be on our "facelift" committee so those extra meetings are adding to the stressful schedule until the project is complete.

I had a nice mother's day weekend. Saturday night I met a friend for coffee for several hours. Her daughter also is adopted, deaf and has RAD so we support one another very well. On Sunday we went to church and lunch. Then Sandy (Kyle's mom) nd I went to see the Vatican Splendors, but decided to sell our tickets as the museum was behind over an hour. So instead I met kyle at the park with the kids and then we ate dinner and all went to Candy Kitchen for some awesome ice cream.

3 comments:

djp375 said...

I can hardly wait to come and visit. Dad amd I are so excited that it is only 2 weeks away. It will be exciting to see all the changes the boys have made first hand.

It always seems that the second child picks up things a lot faster as they have someone to watch.

I am so sure Kyle is very excited that Isaac loves baseball and that he is good at it. A chip off the old block as they say.

Love
Mom

Kristin said...

i am so excited you are back in the blog world. missed seeing and hearing from you.

angela said...

me too. great update michelle! i miss you all.