Nov. 2012

Monday, October 29, 2007

30!


Well I am now officially 30 years old. It was a few days of celebrating the big day, which was October 27. On Thursday night we had our celebration with Kyle's parents. We ate some delicious fall foods (breaded pork chops and baked squash) and ended it will molten chocolate cupcakes. I was gifted with the book Peter and the Wolf along with a recording of the story that includes the orchestral piece. I was also given an apron from Hawaaii. Last year Kyle's mom Sandy purchased reusable hats and masks to mark each birthday celebration visually to help Prema make the connection. Hence I am sporting my birthday suit (apron, hat and mask). Its fun.
Friday evening Kyle planned a nice date at an Italian restaurant and dessert at the Candy Kitchen for ice cream. We ate the ice cream on the beach.
Saturday we took some mini trips around town for pumpkins, Subway, and playtime at the park. Saturday started out somewhat bad as Prema seemed determined to ruin the day purposely knowing it was my birthday. Sometimes the whole, I will hurt my new mom syndrome gets pretty old and hard to play down, especially on your birthday. She also continued to insist it was "her" birthday several times. Eventually it got a bit better with carving pumpkins. Then we had a blast at the park and that took away all the stress from her defiance in the early morning.

3 comments:

Courtney Patch said...

Yahooo!!!! Happy belated birthday! I missed it again. For some reason I always think it is October 30. Maybe because Kristin's is September 30 (?)! This is the cutest picture of you. Glad that you had lots of fun celebrations. Love you Michelle!!!!!!

The Tuckers said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle..I send you tons of love and prayers...lets talk soon!

djp375 said...

Good to know you had a nice birthday. Hope you received the cards we sent in time for your birthday.