Nov. 2012

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Wisconsin Bound


My brother Matthew is getting married on Saturday. So tomorrow afternoon we will make the trip to Wisconsin to celebrate with him and Megan. We are a bit nervous about flying with all three kids. Even through Prema is older she usually makes our travel the most difficult; especially flying. Even if we tell her that we are flying to stay for a short while and will return home again she never fully believes us until we make it home. Until that time she is hypervigilant and constantly worried about what will happen next. She is already asking every time we leave the house if we are going to Uncle Matthew's wedding now. Last time we went to Wiscosinsin we came back to endless weeks of bad behavior.

But once we are there I look forward to a hair cut and hopefully a fishing trip for the kids with my dad. I am also hoping for a moment to hang out at the Union eating ice cream with the kids. The weather report is not looking to good for nice late summer temps for sitting outside at the Union next to water, but one can hope.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Kyle and Michelle- You don't know me, I stumbled on your blog off of Courtney Steever. Shortly before my Servant Team arrived in Kolkata in 2005, you had just left the field. I'm headed back as full time staff in Nepal with WMF.

Anyway... my aunt and uncle adopted two boys when they were 2 and 5, and both of them have RAD. I think it's a difficult path to walk and we are all praying for you as you walk it with Prema. Keep up the posting- it's great to read updates about how you are all doing!

Sam said...

Matthew looks like he's about to fall asleep here...what's up with that? Hope you guys enjoy wisconsin.

djp375 said...

We are so looking forward to you coming. The weather says a chance of showers on Saturday am, but then the weather report is good. Isaac grandpa is already to take you fishing and hopes you catch lots of fish.

Courtney Patch said...

How fun! I have such fond memories of visiting you all for your wedding there. Good times:)The Union was a very pleasant place to hang out. I'll be praying for your trip!!! Can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks for the comments on my blog Michelle. It meant a lot. I miss you guys.