Nov. 2012

Friday, December 4, 2009

She is Serious

WATCH THESE VIDEOS

Prema is performing her 2 holiday songs with other kids from her school. This is not a joke...she is so serious when she is performing. She LOVES to perform. She knew where we were sitting so during the performance she stops at times to say "My mom", waves to us, and signs "Hi Isaac" Prema can't hear the music. Her teacher is in the front row showing her what to sign for the songs.

I had just had a night of prayer last night with other mothers and we specifically prayed for Prema in knowing her limitations that we could love her, accept all of her, and know her purpose. At the start of watching her I cried in thanksgiving for the joy this one moment was giving her, myself and so many other people in the audience. Then those tears of joy and humility turned to tears of laughter as we watched her funny "Prema-isms" take center stage. What a wonderful gift this day was to all of us. Enjoy!

y

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I laughed till I cried all over again, then cried in earnest - for your mother's heart crying out to God in prayer and for all that Prema will likely NOT have - here. Then I thought of what Prema HAS: a mother and father who choose every day to love her and call her their own...what every child wants.

I started wondering what God thought of Prema's performance...did he laugh as hard as I did?... and what he thought of my heart ...it is still so small...

On days like today, life after death does not seem to be merely wishful thinking, but the most logical thing a God who IS love, who IS thoroughly good and just would create....

"People will come... and take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last." Jesus

Sam said...

We just watched these and laughed and really enjoyed it. Good times. Thanks for sharing. The sax solo was sweet too.

Samber

angela said...

loved it!! i started crying too!!! she is so grown up!

Trish said...

Michelle and Kyle,
Wow, I cried and smiled. Wow...she is so beautiful and how precious. Way to go, Prema. -Trish