Nov. 2012

Friday, August 17, 2007

Good/ Bad Bee


I've been having a good time playing a little game with Prema and Isaac during cuddle time: Good Bee/ Bad Bee. It was an idea Prema's therapist gave me for some fun during our cuddle time. I changed it to be Bee with a good choice or Bee with a bad choice since we are not bad or good people, but instead all good people who make good or bad choices (a.k.a choices we might not be happy with the consequences later). I cradle the kids in my lap and hold a bee (thumb and index finger together or a stuffed bee) and tell them a short story about the bee. If the bee has made a good choice the kids let him in to tickle them. If they bee has made a bad choice they swat him away. Isaac has gotten to the point where he likes to either tell me the story about the bee or he wants to change the bad choice into a good choice so that he can let him in. Its been a great way to reinforce their choices in a light hearted way. Every time I have cuddle time with one of them; they both request the game. So if you have any kids I highly recommend spending a little time to pull them up close and give it a try.

3 comments:

Courtney Patch said...

Hey Michelle! TEFL is Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Good call; I should have included that. I edited it:)

Glad you like the new blog. It was long overdue. MIss you guys. And LOVE your blog. Ange and I talk and think about you guys often. Love and miss you.

djp375 said...

Mr. Isaac you will have to tell grandma a story about the bee when you come to visit me.

Love
grandma

katy said...

Thank you for the information about RAD. I will be sure to pass that onto my parents as well as your email address. I'm sure they would appreciate any advice that you all have to offer!
I also like the bee idea, I'll have to use that with our little one when the time comes. :)
- Katy